Friday, August 12, 2011

Random Nonsense


Sometimes I get tired of trying to make sense of anything. The randomness of life is just so ridiculous, that I often find solace in nonsense, hence my love of Python and Carroll.

So I have decided to devote tonight's post to Nonsense of all kinds.

First up, I visited the Internet Anagram Server (via) and plugged in "Caliban's Revenge" just to see what it would come up with. The results were delightfully silly and often hilarious, as illustrated by the Top Ten Anagrams for 'Caliban's Revenge' (as chosen by Yours Truly) below:

10. Braces Angel Vein
9. Larva Beg Incense
8. Lavage bin Censer (bin Laden's 11th in command?)
7. Cabals Veneering
6. Cable Insaner Veg
5. Canvas Bile Genre (Oddly appropriate, don't you think?)
4. Anal Bergs Evince (No comment)
3.Rascal Being Even (Also oddly appropriate)
2. Naval Bees Cringe (As well they should...)

And the Number One Anagram for 'Caliban's Revenge,' the wildly inappropriate:

1. Beaver G Cleaners (Yikes!)

Disgusting? Hardly. I'll tell you what's disgusting. Deep Fried Butter on a Stick. Now that's disgusting. And it's for sale at the Iowa State Fair. Watch the heart-attack inducing video below (via - of all places):



How's that for nonsense? No, not enough? Then how about the single most nonsensical story I've heard in a long time. Back in 2002, when he was appearing in the West End production of the Boy George musical Taboo (a huge flop in the US), Welsh actor Luke Evans gave interview after interview in which he proudly proclaimed his homosexuality. Now that he's about to appear in Tarsem Singh's Immortals; a remake of The Three Musketeers and Peter Jackson's The Hobbit, Evans' handlers are making him retreat to the closet, even going so far as to have his Wikipedia page changed to omit any references to the actor's sexuality. Really? This is 2011, Mr. Evans. Why on Earth would you take a step backward? Talk about nonsense. I can't wait until Marcus Bachmann gets a hold of this story. What a sad state of affairs. And since I'm already talking about nonsense, here's a preview for the Broadway production of Taboo, produced by none other than Rosie O'Donnell, who lost a bundle:



Even though I spent much of my misspent youth in the 80's, I'm so glad I didn't see this debacle of a musical.

So what nonsense is catching your fancy, these days? Uncle P is dying to know...

"A little nonsense now and then/Is treasured by the wisest men."

More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: