Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Gayest Thing You'll See This Week


That's former "Facts of Life" star Mindy Cohn on your left. It's been a while since anyone's heard anything from Mindy, though she has a new movie coming out.

I don't know how this has missed my gaydar, but her new movie is called Violet Tendencies Apparently, it's about a 'fag-hag' (oh, how I truly hate that term, even though we all know at least one) who falls in love with a "fag-stag."

What? You've never heard the term "fag-stag?" Well, you're in good company, because I've never heard it, either. And I have to wonder if screenwriter Jesse Archer made it up for this movie. A "fag-stag" is (one can only assume) a straight boy who hangs out with gay men.

Now, to be truthful, while I have never heard that specific term, I a must admit to knowing a few (not to mention any names, initials or photo links) straight guys who may very well qualify as "fag-stags." Not (as George and Jerry will tell you) that there's anything wrong with that. I have plenty of straight male friends. In fact, I probably have more straight male friends than gay male friends, though I suspect that's a result of statistics, more than anything.

Anyway - I think the movie looks adorable and I can't wait to see it (though I imagine it will be playing festivals and art houses well out of my geographical region). Here's the probably NSFW trailer:



As for myself, Uncle P is just happy to see that Mindy can still get work.

And just for shits and giggles:



Jo was the lesbian, right?

More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: