Thursday, September 3, 2009

Oh, the Horror...



I am sure that Synvisc is a wonderful product. I have noticed that my symptoms (i.e. knee pain) have been reduced in the past few days, but I'm not sure if that's because of my weekly injections, or because of the gorgeous weather we've been having here in southeastern Pennsylvania for the past few days.

Today was my last of three injections, all of them inserted under my patella and each of them more painful than the previous one. Today's was particularly excruciating. My osteopath told me that he was giving me this last shot where the arthritis was the worst. It was all I could do to keep from kicking him in the face as he administered the shot. I came home and promptly went to sleep for two and a half hours. I'm not sure if that's because I was tired, or because of the two hefty swigs of Southern Comfort I swallowed on top of the Xanex I took before going to my appointment.

In any case, I will continue to keep you updated as to the treatment's efficacy in the coming weeks. I am hoping the shots will allow me to get back on my treadmill and lose even more weight in my struggle to get healthy and attractive again.

Back to movies, theatre and nonsense soon.
More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: