Tuesday, August 18, 2009

That's a Title?


Before I say anything tonight, I'd like to thank the lovely and talented Stephen Rader (you know who he is, 'Raderettes') for the shout-out on his ferociously fabulous blog Are You There, Blog? It's Me, Stephen. He and I both know that when we finally meet face-to-face (and we will - oh, we will), the Theatre - nay, perhaps Western Civilization itself, will never be the same.
Anyway, I wanted to post about this movie the other day, but that was when my Internet was wonky and I lost a post. So, here it is now.
Gentlemen Broncos, is the latest from Napoleon Dynamite director Jared Hess and his co-writer brother, Joshua. Michael Angarano (probably best known as Jack's son on "Will and Grace") plays a high-schooler who worships Science Fiction author, Ronald Chevalier (Half of the duo responsible for "Flight of the Conchords," Jermaine Clement). When a blocked Chevalier steals the lad's novel (changing the names only slightly and turning the hero into a gay stereotype), trouble ensues.
What I think I love most about this movie is the cast. The always-hilarious-no-matter-what-she's-in Jennifer Coolidge (Best In Show; American Pie) had me sold, before seeing Moon's Sam Rockwell riding a flying reindeer rigged with outboard missiles made it a "Must See". How insanely fun does this movie look? Enjoy:
Honestly, is it me or does that just look bizarre and hilarious or not? I can't wait for this one, either.
More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: