Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Iron Sky" -- Nazi's on the Moon!

I first heard about Iron Sky over at io9. It's an indie Sci-Fi adventure currently in development. The movie posits that in 1945, Hitler sent a team of Nazi's to set up a camp on the dark side of the moon (no Pink Floyd jokes, please). They've thrived ever since and in 2018, decide it's time to return to invade Earth. The teaser is just fantastic and the movie looks like pure, cheesy Sci-Fi gold. I, for one, can't wait for this pic to get made. Here's the teaser trailer:
Talk about "high concept" movies! I only wish I had thought of it. You just gotta love that swastika-shaped moon base and the torch song theme music, not to mention those oh-so-cool retro-saucer ships.
By the way, if you're a producer looking for a high-concept zombie movie or an action thriller with Sci-Fi overtones or a bizarre-ish indie comedy, talk to me. I have a couple of scripts for you to read.
More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: