Friday, January 23, 2009

"The Skin of Our Teeth" #10

I happened upon this almost by accident, literally just a few minutes ago, but was so thrilled to have done so. This video was made by a very talented young lady, Michelle Dunlap, to open Act III of my production of Thornton Wilder's "The Skin of Our Teeth" for Shakespeare '70, last October.
I gave her the music and told her I wanted a "history of the horrors of war." After a few tries and some back and forth communications, she came up with this beautiful, haunting and chilling video. Shown on a big screen, the piece had the exact effect I hoped it would and our audiences couldn't miss the message. This is the last time I will blog about the show, I promise.
Warning: Some of the images contained in this video are intense and upsetting, but that's what I wanted them to be. Those of a sensitive nature may want to skip this one.
More of this, anon.
Prospero

No comments: