Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another Remake

As noted in an earlier post, with very few exceptions, I generally hate remakes. they are rarely as good as the original and usually pointless (see Gus van Sant's ridiculous shot-for-shot remake of Psycho for proof). But, every once in a great while a remake comes along that is actually as good or even better than the original. Today, I saw a teaser trailer for a remake that may well be the exception that proves the rule.



The original version of this movie is terrible. It has horrible acting, super-low budget standards and is notable for only three things: the film debut of Kevin Bacon, amazing physical FX from make-up genius Tom Savini and the seemingly gazillion cheapo sequels (one even in 3D) that followed. But this teaser has me intrigued and I may very well plop down ten of my hard-earned dollars to see it.






As always, more of this anon.
Prospero

No comments: