Sunday, September 21, 2008

Photos, Costumes & Q2Q

Got up early on a Sunday (for me, anyway) to meet several cast members and drive them up to Flemington for a photo shoot for the Act I slide show. The costumes were gorgeous and the location was perfect. It was interesting to see the cars on Main Street slow down to see what was going on. Henry, adorable as ever, even more so in his schoolboy uniform. Gladys hates her costume, but looks great in it. Mr. & Mrs. A looking fab and Sabina's maid costume is one she wore previously in The Clean House (a fabulous play by Sarah Reuhl).
Back to the theatre for a costume parade. The remaining costumes are wonderful. We still need minor items like vests for the puppeteers and a unitard for Sabina's Act II costume, but all-in-all, it's going to be gorgeous.
The Cue-to-Cue rehearsal was long (they always are, especially with a big show like this) and some cues (mostly sound --- arrrgh!) were missing, but it was a relatively smooth and painless event. Went for drinks afterward with my SM; my TD; Mrs. A.; Henry; Gladys; The Fortune Teller and one of my multi-role actresses. A fine time was had by all. I am nearly exhausted and still have 7 million things to do, but as we get closer to opening, I am confident that all will be well.
Enough. Time for bed.
As always, more of this, anon.
Prospero

No comments: